We use our own and third-party cookies to optimize your experience on this site, including to maintain user sessions. Without these cookies our site will not function well. If you continue browsing our site we take that to mean that you understand and accept how we use the cookies. If you wish to decline our cookies we will redirect you to Google.
Already have an account? Sign in.

 Remember Me | Forgot Your Password?

Kroger's Direct Mail Marketing Shows Retailer Knows About Customers' Buying Behavior Better Than They Do

October 28, 2013: 12:00 AM EST
Grocery store chain Kroger partnered with customer data specialist dunnhumby to develop direct mail marketing materials that are tailor-fit to each of its customers based on their personal preferences. Kroger said the mailed coupons have a redemption rate of over 70 percent within six weeks after mailing. Also, its direct mail marketing has generated $10 billion in revenue for Kroger, the company said. Its quarterly direct mail marketing materials contain 12 coupons specifically designed for each household. According to the companies, 80 percent of dunnhumby’s efforts are focused on what they know about a customer, with the remaining 20 percent focused on finding out more information about the customer.
Tom Groenfeldt, "Kroger Knows Your Shopping Patterns Better Than You Do", Forbes, October 28, 2013, © Forbes.com LLC™
North America
United States of America
Companies, Organizations
Marketing & Advertising
Developed by Yuri Ingultsov Software Lab.